Bhendi Ambula Jhola Step by step preparation with photos and video: Bhendi Ambula Jhola is an odiya dish. It is prepared using Indian Okra and dried mango piece. It is an awesome dish. Here we are sharing a detailed procedure how to make this Indian Okra dish in a different style.
Here is the step by step process.
For preparing Vegetables
- 250 grams of Ladies Finger
- 4 medium sized potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 2 teaspoons of oil.
For The Curry
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- 10-12 garlic florets.
- 2 pieces of dry mango.
- 10-12 badia.
- 3-4 curry leaves.
- Take all the necessary ingredients.
- Cut the vegetables in the desired shape.
- Make a paste of cumin and mustard seeds, smash the garlic.
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker.
- Stir fry the ladies finger in a little oil.
- Add the ladies fingers into the pressure cooker and cook it with the potatoes.
- Heat the pan, add 4-5 teaspoons of oil into it and fry the badia in a little oil.
- Add the curry leaves in the oil.
- Add the smashed garlic.
- Add the mustard seed and cumin seed paste into it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Add the dry mango piece into it.
- Add ½ cup of water.
- Now add the vegetables from the pressure cooker.
- Add the some badi into it.
Step By Step Preparation With Photos
- First we will take all the necessary ingredients.
- Now we will cut the vegetables.
- Now take the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and make paste of it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chili powder in the cumin seed and mustard seed paste.
- Then take the garlic and smash it.
- Now we will take the pressure cooker and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of water into it.
- Now we will add the potatoes into it.
- Now we will heat the pan and add 2 teaspoons of oil into it.
- Then we will add the ladies finger in the oil and fry it for some time.
- After frying remove the ladies finger from the pan and put them in the pressure cooker and cook them with potatoes.
- Now again we will heat the pan and 5-6 teaspoons of oil into it.
- Add the badia in the oil and fry them till they become brown.
- Now in that oil add the curry leaves and stir it.
- Then add the smashed garlics and stir it for some time.
- Now we will add the mustard seed and cumin seed paste into it and cook it for some time.
- Then add the dry mango pieces and cook it for some time.
- Then add ½ cup of water into it and mix it properly.
- Then we will add the vegetable from the cooker.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now the Bhendi Ambula Jhola is ready.
For more detail information you can watch the video.
This Indian Okra Recipe is a mouth watering recipe. You try it at your home and let us know your experience. You can take this dish rice and roti. Please do share with your friends.