Chhatu Ambula Besara, How To Make Mushroom Curry In Odisha Style: Mushroom is also called Chhatu. Mushroom recipes are very famous in India. The Mushroom can be eaten in many way. Mushroom Curry Masala, Chili Mushroom. In Odisha Mushroom is cooked using mustard seeds and sun-dried mango or Ambula. The presence of Ambula makes this dish awesome. Other famous Odiya recipes are Bhendi Ambula Jhola and Poi Chhencheda.
- 200 grams of Mushroom.
- 4 medium sized potatoes.
- 1 onion.
- 2 teaspoons of mustard seeds.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- 10-12 cloves of garlic.
- 2 pieces sun-dried mango.
- 6-7 teaspoons of oil.
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Salt according to taste.
- Cut the mushroom, wash it drain all the water by squeezing the mushroom.
- Cut the onion and potatoes.
- Make a paste of cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and garlic.
- Boil and cook the potatoes and sun-dried mangoes in the pressure cooker till 1 whistle.
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder salt according to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup of water into it.
- Heat the pan and add 6-7 teaspoons of oil into it.
- Add the chopped onion into the oil.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and garlic paste into it.
- Stir and mix it well.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chili powder. Stir and mix it well.
- Add the boiled potatoes and dried mango and mix them.
- Cook it for sometime.
How To Make Chhatu Ambula Besara, Step by Step Procedure of Mushroom Curry
Now we will describe the step by step procedure of Chhatu Ambula Besara.
To prepare it we will take necessary ingredients like 200 grams of mushrooms, 4 medium sized potatoes, 1 onion, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, garlic, dried mango.
Cut the mushroom, wash it and drain the excess amount of water by squeezing it.
Cut the onion and potatoes. Make a paste of garlic, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
Take the pressure cooker, add the potatoes and dried mango. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/2 half cup of water into it and boil it till the blow of 1 whistle.
now we will heat the pan, add 6-7 teaspoons of oil into it. Add the chopped onions when the oil got heated. Stir it well.
Now we will add the mushrooms and Stir and mix it well.
Now we will add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder into it. Stir them and mix them well.
Then we will add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and garlic paste into it.
Then we will add 1 teaspoon of chili powder into it. Stir and mix it well.
Fo detail information you can watch this video.
Cook it for some time to make it gravy. If you want you can keep it watery.
Now the Mushroom Curry Is ready to serve.
You can take this Chhatu Besara with rice or Roti. It is a really tasty and delicious dish. Make it at your home. Hope you will like it. You can share it with your friends through Facebook and twitter. You can share your experience with us here in the comment box below.