Jackfruit Curry Masala Kathal Ki Sabzi step by step process with photos and videos: We have prepared the Kathal Ki Sabzi in a very simple and traditional way. This will help you to prepare this dish.
Raw Jackfruit is a seasonal vegetable which mostly found in the month of March and April in India. It is loved by most of the people in India.
It is a spicy dish. Children will love to eat it. Here are necessary ingredients required to make this curry.
- 1 Kg of raw jackfruit or kathal
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes.
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Salt.
For Gravy or masala
- 3 onions
- 1 garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- A small piece of cinnamon
- 2-3 cardamom
- 5-6 teaspoons of Mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of clarified butter or desi ghee.
- 3-4 bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chilli powder
Preparing The Vegetables
- Cut and wash the jackfruit and potaotoes, then prepare them for boiling.
- Add 2 cups of water into the pressure, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- Add the jackfruit and potaoes and put the pressure cooker, close the lid and place it on the burning flame.
- Boil it till the blow of 1 whistle.
- After 1 whistle remove it from the pressure cooker and wash it for 2-3 times to remove the hardness of the jackfruit.
- Drain excess water.
Preparing the gravy or masala
- Make a paste of onion, ginger and garlic and make powder of cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Chilli powder, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chilli powder into the onion-ginger-garlic paste. Mix it.
- Add the cardamon and cinnamon powder into it.
- Heat the pan and add 5-6 teaspoons of mustard oil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Add the masala mixture paste.
- Add little water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter or desi ghee.
- Add 3-4 bay leaves.
- Add the bolied jackfruit or kathal.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Add the bolied potatoes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Ad the 1 teaspoon of cardamom-cinnamon powder.
Step By Step Procedure Of Raw Jackfruit Curry Or Kathal Ki Sabzi
Here is the step by step procedure of Raw Jackfruit Curry Or Kathal Ki Sabzi.
- First we will take all the necassary ingredients required to make the Jackfruit Masala Curry. Jackfruit Recipes
- We will wash and cut the Jackfruit and potatoes.
- Now take the pressure cooker. Add 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons of salt add the vegetable and boil them till the blow of 1 whistle.
- After boiling, remove the vegetavbles out of pressure cooker and wash them 2-3 times to remove the hardness of jackfruit and the drain excess water. Separate the potao and jackfruit.
- We will then make a paste of onion, garlic and ginger. Then we will make a powder of cardmom and cinnamon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of chilli powder, 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri Chilli powder and the cardamom-cinnamon powder. Mix the masalas properly.
- Heat the pan, add 5-6 teaspoons of mustard oil. When the oil got heated, then add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Now when the color of sugar will come out add the masala mixture which we prepared.
- Cook the masalas for 5 minutes.
- Add a little water and stir., then add 1 teaspoon of clarified butter.
- Now add 3-4 bay leaves and mix it properly.
- Now add the boiled jackfruit first and mix it properly.
- Now add 1 cup of water and mix.
- Then we will add the boiled potatoes and mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of cardamom-cinnamon powder mix it properly.
- Now cook it fo 5 minutes.
- Now the Jackfruit curry is ready to serve.
You can get more detailed information by watching this video.
We have prepared and given detail step by step preparation of Jackfruit Curry or Kathal Masala with images. Try it at your home and let us know how it came out. You can give your valuable suggestion in the comment box below. Please this post with your friends and family on social networking sites.