Janhi Aloo Posto recipe step by step preparation with photos and video: Janhi Aloo Posto or Turai ki sabzi. It is being prepared using posto seeds or poppy seeds. Using poppy seeds make the Ridge curry more delicious and yummy.
Many recipes can be prepared using Ridge Gourd but Janhi Posto is most famous in all especially in Odisha and West Bengal. You can look how Poi Chhehncheda recipe is prepared. Bhendi Ambula Jhola is also an awesome recipe to try.
- 500 grams of Ridge Gourd.
- 4 medium sized potatoes.
Spices for Gravy
- 2 tespoons of posto seeds.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds/jeera.
- 9-10 cloves of garlic.
- 1 onion.
- 4-5 teaspoons of refined oil.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- Cut all the vegetables Ridge Gourd/ Janhi and potato into small pieces.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Make a paste of the garlic cloves, posto seeds and cumin seeds.
- Heat the pan and add 4-5 teaspoons of refined oil.
- Add the onions into it.
- Add the vegetables into it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Cover the vegetables and cook it for sometime in low flame.
- Remove the cover.
- Add the cloves of garlic-posto seed and cumin seed paste into it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chili powder into it.
- Cook it for 5 minutes.
- Now the janhi Aloo Posto is ready.
How To Make Janhi Aloo Posto Curry
Here is the detailed step by step procedure Janhi Aloo Posto Curry.
To prepare this first we will take all the necessary ingredients like 500 grams of Ridge Gourd, potatoes, 2 teaspoons of posto seeds, 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, 9-10 cloves of garlic. turmeric powder, salt, chili powder and water.
Then cut the Ridge gourd and potatoes into small pieces and wash them.
Cut the onion into small pieces.
Now take the garlic cloves, posto seeds and cumin seeds and put it on the grinding stone and a make a paste of them.
We will heat the pan now and add 4-5 teaspoons of refined oil into it.
When the oil got heated add the onions and fry them till they become brown.
When the onion become brown add the vegetables and stir it.
Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder into it.
Cook the vegetables for sometime in low flame. Cover the vegetables and cook it well. Water will come out form the vegetables. We will cook it till it become dry. In between we will check the vegetables if it cooked well or not by removing the cover.
Now we will remove the cover and add the posto-cumin-garlic paste into it. Stir and mix it well.
Now add 1 teaspoon of chili powder and mix it properly.
Cook the vegetables for 5 minutes.
Now the Janhi Aloo Post is ready to serve.
You can watch the video for more information
we have shown how to make the famous Janhi Posto Recipe. You can take with rice and roti. Make it at your home and share your experience with us. This is one of my favourite. Please do share this Janhi Posto curry recipe with your friends.